These terms and conditions are applicable only to the sale of original works of art on this specific website.
“Buyer” shall mean a user who accesses the website and buys a work of art from the website.
“Seller or Artist” means Nicole Cijs, Nicole Cijs Fine Art and / or Nicole Cijs Art & Design.
“Description” means all the details of a work of art as set out in the website and may include: The placement of the signature, the surface, medium and dimensions, year and any additional information related to the painting.
- All works of art made available for sale on the website will be sold at the price listed to the buyer. The shipping price of the work of art listed does include shipping and handling, but does not include duties, which will be charged as applicable and would depend on the shipping address provided by the buyer. The information provided during registration or amended at the time of finalising a purchase shall be the final billing address and shipping address for delivery of the work of art. All delivered goods will require a signature upon receipt. The seller does not pay for return shipping costs, this is for the buyers expense.
- The buyer agrees that the buyer is liable for any duties and taxes that might be applicable on the purchase and such charges shall be payable in addition to the price of the work of art.
- All invoices will be raised by the seller based on the information provided by the buyer or amended at the time of finalising a purchase.
- Placing an order on this website constitutes an irrevocable acceptance of the purchase. Unless rescinded/cancelled by the seller within 2 working days on account of a default by the seller or any prior or continuing breach by the buyer, such acceptance results in an enforceable contract of sale. The contract of sale is between the seller (artist and owner) and the buyer.
- The seller has the right to cancel any order placed on the website www.nicolecijs.com, within 2 working days, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The seller shall assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur in the description, pricing or other content related to the work of art. In the event of such an error, the seller reserves the right to cancel the order placed by the buyer by informing the buyer in writing.
- Once an order is placed on the website the buyer is required to make payment for the price of the work of art as well as the charges referred to above within 7 working days from the date of placing the order. In the event that the seller does not receive payment within 7 working days the seller reserves the right to cancel the order without prior notice to the buyer. Alternately, and without prejudice to the foregoing, the seller may, at its absolute discretion, hold the work of art for the buyer and charge any storage and insurance costs applicable on the purchase and/or may seek to commence legal proceedings (acting as the agent of the seller) to ensure execution of the contract of sale.
- The work of art will be delivered/shipped to the buyer once all necessary documentation, relating to transportation, tax, etc. as may be reasonably requested for by the seller are completed and payment has been realised in full including any additional charges. Transit insurance costs will be included in such additional charges, unless specifically advised otherwise by the buyer. In the event that the buyer chooses to himself collect the work of art at the seller’s studio he must do so within two weeks of the seller receiving the payment. In the event that the Work of Art is not so collected within a period of two weeks, storage and insurance costs will be applicable on the purchase and will be determined at the complete discretion of the seller.
- You agree to abide by all provisions prescribed in these terms and conditions. In particular, you warrant that all information that you submit will be true and accurate (including without limitation your credit card number and expiration date), and you agree to pay all costs, charges plus all applicable taxes for the purchases made by you.
- Please Note: The artworks will be hand delivered / shipped to the buyer once all necessary documentation, pertaining to transportation, address, insurance, tax, etc. are completed and the payment has been realised in full including all relevant additional charges. Once we realise the payment it takes up to 5 working days to dispatch the artwork. The buyer may also choose to collect the painting from the studio of the seller.
The seller is not responsible for delays in delivery and performance that are due to events of force majeure or events beyond her reasonable control or that of its subcontractors (including, in particular, strikes, lock-outs, governmental orders, shortage in energy or transportation, etc.).
In such a case, the seller shall be entitled to either postpone the delivery and performance by a period corresponding to that of the event of force majeure increased with a reasonable restarting time.
- All artwork on the site is original unless otherwise stated as print. Upon purchasing goods you, the buyer own the canvas or board and others materials applied to the surface, but we retain the copyright. No part of the works sold can be copied in part or full in any form without prior permission granted by us the seller. We retain the right to withdraw permission of use at any time.
Changes and Updates to the Terms & Conditions
Nicole Cijs reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions as she may deem necessary from time to time, or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the website and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms on your first use of the website following the alterations. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
Company and Contact Information
NICOLE CIJS FINE ART | Nicole Cijs
2135 CM Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
If you have any questions regarding these Terms & Conditions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org